The revolution of decentralized applications (DApps)
Decentralized applications have emerged thanks to the innovative blockchain technology. They are developed using multiple tools. But, do you know how decentralized applications (DApps) work? They are closely related to virtual currencies, blockchain and smart contracts. But if you want to know more about DApps, join us.
What are DApps?
They consist of decentralized applications, in other words, applications that do not have the control of any current institution or government. DApps are characterized by four fundamental aspects:
- An open code: The app must have a source code that is available to anyone. It works autonomously and the protocol that is carried out results from a consensus of the users. In the protocol there is always room for new suggestions or proposals from users.
- Presence of a standard algorithm: It must contain a standard algorithm that acts and performs the function of proof of work. This will demonstrate the value of the nodes that are used in the application.
- Provide an incentive: Apps need a digital asset like cryptocurrencies to be able to access and use them. It works as a kind of compensation for having generated and contributed a certain value.
- Blockchain technology as a supporting base: DApps are blockchain-based and thanks to this innovative technology they can store information and data from records and actions.
Types of DApps
Decentralized applications are organized into three types of categories. It depends on the cryptocurrency model that is included in:
- Type I DApps: This group consists of applications that support their own blockchain technology. An example of cryptocurrency that is part of this type of DApps is the pioneering Bitcoin.
- Type II DApps: The applications that make up this type are characterized by not owning a blockchain, but they use the blockchain of a decentralized type I application.
- Type III DApps: These are those that use blockchain technology and the protocol (or standard algorithm) of decentralized type II applications.
To understand it better, let's develop a comparison between a DApp and a computer. A decentralized type I application on a computer would be its operating system, as it is the basis that structures it. A decentralized type II application would be the Word or Excel program or the Dropbox system. Finally, a decentralized type III application would be the additional solution or tool that adds a specific service to those Word, Excel, or Dropbox programs.
How to develop a Decentralized Application (DApp)
Organization is important in many ways. If you want to develop a decentralized application the first thing you have to do is think about the idea and, secondly, organize it so that you can develop it correctly. If you're thinking about creating a DApp, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Develop and publish a technical document: It is commonly referred to as a 'whitepaper' which is a document in which you include a description of the decentralized application to be developed. You should also write down the traits that will characterize it. If you perform this step, you will be able to shape your DApp because it serves as a tool to publicly offer the project with its objectives, its own traits or protocol of action. Believe it or not, it's a fundamental step in the process to enhance your decentralized application. It turns out to be a positive way to present your project idea.
- Correctly distribute digital assets: You can mine cryptos, it is a lawful mechanism. If you choose mining, you must choose a software that is a reference software so that cryptocurrencies can be mined, and the corresponding transactions or operations are carried out. If you want to store virtual currencies, you'll need to create a wallet that's reliable, secure, and that users trust.
- Encourage user collaboration: You need to encourage participants in some way to collaborate and participate. How can you do that? Organizing activities, developing skills and proposing contributions. You should offer proposals and suggestions for improvement.
If you follow these three steps that we have just explained to you, the creation and development of your decentralized application will prove successful.
Decentralized applications and Blockchain technology
Thanks to the blockchain technology, decentralized applications were developed. These applications are distributed in multiple ways such as digital devices, linked to each other through an Internet connection. Cryptocurrencies, as well as DApps, are part of an innovative technology and they are characterized, among other issues, because they do not need an intermediary figure to store or manage any type of information or data.
The most different feature of decentralized applications from traditional applications is surely the thorough analysis of their code. An analysis that is performed prior to the release of decentralized applications. Tests that run before the release of a DApp are rigorous and of high quality.
The revolution in decentralized applications is latent. You have been able to see their differences from traditional applications. If you want to create one, take the step. The world of blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies and DAspps is very broad and offers you multiple benefits. Immerse yourself in this world and discover all its advantages.